Friday, July 1, 2011

The Destined Aces




The game of cards

Must I play?

To the Queen of hearts

I must say


But how many lines

Does a poet have to write?

Just to say

The oldest cliché.


How many chips

Do I have to give?

Give me a tip!

When will you ever forgive?


How many dough

Do I have to bet?

Give me a clue!

When will you ever forget?


She loves me, She loves me not

She loves me, she loves me...

The clover leaf has said it

Therefore, to the couch I must sit.


Why should I let it ruin my mind?

When I know for a fact that you'll never be mine.

Be mine! Be mine!


And Now, to the losing table I must move away from

And the pot, the pot that they will never pocket,

Because I know the aces are engraved in my palm

But for now the game of cards must wait.


07/1/11

-AMP-

No comments:

Post a Comment