Friday, July 15, 2011

Someone Else





I wont sing you serenades.
I wont buy you flowers.
I wont make you lemonades.

No! I won't be your lover.

I wont lend you my shoulders.
My company wont be served free.
I would never touch you with a finger,
Nor tie a yellow ribbon on that old oak tree.


No! I won't do those stupid things,

Though, I know I've already fallen.

You don't know what future brings,
I know I can't give you heaven.


You're so perfect in so many ways
And to be with me would be such a waste.
You deserve someone with less baggage,
someone with just the right courage.

I want to be your knight in shining armor,
But I'll only give your life an unworthy tremor.
I want to climb for you the tallest stone wall,
But No! I guess I'm not your prince charming after all

I want to give you my lifetime, my forever and ever,
Oh! But I'm just a big stupid elusive dreamer.
I want to offer you my life, my mind, my soul,
But No! I guess I'm not your Mr. Right after all.



07/14/11
-AMP-

No comments:

Post a Comment